Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Wanna Fight..........Just a sec!!!!!!!!

I thanked God as I could successfully board the crowded train. As expected I didn’t get a seat but I managed myself to find a place to stand. Thinking of the sweet weekend that has just passed in my Mausi’s place, I chuckled on my own.
The old gentle man standing in front of me reminded me of my Mausaji. As my eyes started to scan the compartment for pretty faces, I felt a jerk (later I came to know that it was because the train changed its tracks); the jerk was a bit stronger than the usual ones. All most everybody who were standing lost their balance. Somehow I controlled myself but found the old person in front of me was going to collide with an iron bar. I hold his arm and prevented the collision. (I felt proud of my strength and my heart said bravo!!!! What a high moral values.)
As he gained controlled he turned towards me, I looked up and expected a big THANK YOU from him. He looked at me with amazement and said “Hey you!!! Why did you push me, what the hell you think of yourself?”
I couldn’t believe my ears. “What are you talking about!!!? You were falling and I saved you” I said in a much louder than my usual tone and found by now lot of people had found interest in this entertainment episode.
“Saved my foot!!! You and your arrogant generation are good for nothing” He mumbled to himself. I didn’t reply as I didn’t want to drag it further and gave a sarcastic smile to those who were watching me as B grade movie villain”.
I looked outside the window.
After an hour I got down at howrah and decided to catch bus from the other end of howrah bridge. My fascination for howrah bridge hasn’t dipped even by an inch as compared to when, I first saw it, at the age of 4. As I walked a few steps, the cool breeze kissed my cheeks and played with my hairs. For the time being kolkata allowed me to forget it’s sticky humidity. I could hear the faint sound of ferries coming from far below.
My mind went back to what happened in train and tried to figure out why it happened. I tried to save him but why did he react in that manner. As a fresh breeze swept my face I closed my eyes and could see the whole puzzle unravelling in front of me.
As I brooded more I realized that, he might have felt that I had pushed him or maybe he had gained his balance by the time I had caught him or he might have thought I had used him to save myself from falling.
Both of us thought, we were right (may be because we human beings are expected not to be wrong anytime). Though none of us were wrong but in no time we started hating each other. I realized similar sort of event is happening umpteen numbers of times every day and everywhere. And I discovered the sole reason of all our fights.
I remembered the words of my father, he said, when I was weeping after a fight with one of my friend ‘Nobody is right and nobody is wrong it does all depend who and how interpret the situation.’ Had this thought had come to me at that time I wouldn’t have even behaved rudely with that gentleman. A wave of guilt churned inside my stomach. But it’s never late. And I promised myself to fight my every fight only after getting into the other’s shoes.
Suddenly I heard a blaring sound and as I came out of my reverie I found myself in front of the traffic and a sardarji taxi driver is blowing the horn. I smiled and said “Sorry it’s surely not your fault and may be not mine either”. The sardarji waved back an ear to ear smile and said “oye koi nahi yaar”!!!!!
I closed my eyes and said “Thank you Sir, you taught me great lesson.”

3 comments:

  1. The message is a high level stuff very nicely put, so that mere mortals like me understood it too..! :)
    Write more..and soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true..
    It's important to understand how the perspective of the other person may differ on the same situation. If we can respect these differences, we can avoid getting into fights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better than to win a 1000 battles is to attain victory over your own self. That victory is purely your's. No one can snatch it away from you.

    Let go of winning and looking. SEE!!

    IP-da

    http://ipslog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete